Hey guys, this is the first episode of our new range of video diary entries. These are some things we get up to in our spare time. Stay tuned for more! Enjoy!
Welcome to the second episode of our epic journey. See us soundcheck, go shopping and an Orson Wells impression. Enjoy folks! Peace and love.
Hey guys, in episode three, see what can happen when you OD on salmon. Peace.
Welcome to the fourth Episode. Just a lil’ bit of beaning around.
Hey guys, today was a slightly lazy one as we were all slightly hungover but heres some highlights of the day!
Hey guys, in day six our cousin Kaz joins us on tour for a few days and we sing a song together.
Hello people, apologies for not uploading yesterday as we were out and about on the town. But you can see what antics we got up to in this film! Peace.
France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands and USA – it’s your turn!
- Wed Feb 08 – Caen, France – Cargo
- Thu Feb 09 – Tourcoing, France – Grand Mix
- Fri Feb 10 – Reims, France – Cartonnerie
- Sat Feb 11 – Rouen, France – Le 106
- Sun Feb 12 – Ghent, Belgium – Handelsbeurs
- Mon Feb 13 – Luxembourg – Rockhal
- Wed Feb 15 – Vannes, France – Echonova
- Thu Feb 16 – La Roche sur Yon, France – Fuzzyon
- Fri Feb 17 – Orléans, France – Astrolabe
- Sat Feb 18 – Beauvais, France – L’Ouvre Boite
- Mon Feb 20 – Utrecht, Netherlands – Tivoli
- Wed Feb 22 – Metz, France – Les Trinitaires
- Thu Feb 23 – Besancon, France – La Rodia
- Fri Feb 24 – Paris, France – La Maroquinerie
- Sat Feb 25 – Angouleme, France – La Nef
- Tue Apr 03 – New York, NY, USA – Mercury Lounge (NB: early show – 7.30pm)
- Fri Apr 06 – Los Angeles, CA, USA – El Rey
- Sat Apr 07 – San Francisco, CA, USA – Rickshaw Stop
- Sun Jan 22 – Gold Coast, Australia – Big Day Out
Gold Coast Parklands
- Tue Jan 24 – Sydney, Australia – Metro Theatre
(w/ guests Kira Puru & The Bruise)
- Thu Jan 26 – Sydney, Australia – Big Day Out
- Fri Jan 27 – Melbourne, Australia – Corner Hotel
(w/ guests Kira Puru & The Bruise)
- Sun Jan 29 – Melbourne, Australia – Big Day Out
- Tue Jan 31 – Auckland, New Zealand – Powerstation
We’ve also just lined up some gigs in February in France, Belgium, Netherlands & Luxembourg – click here
And you can find the no-inch download version on iTunes.
Check the music video below…
There are still a few tickets left for our November UK Tour. Get ‘em while you can…
Lewis has written a piece about his home studio for ClashMusic.com:
‘When I was a kid, like most boys, I was into making swords, guns and pretending I was peter pan. After that stage, I was interested in phonograph records. At home, we never had a CD player, we had a turntable and a cassette deck so seeing records as kid was the norm and seeing them being played was normal. I think this is the reason we (my family) refer to disks as ‘records’ and not ‘vinyl’s’. The first time I saw records in a different light was when I saw my granddad winding up his gramophone and putting a record on. The thing that got me interested in it was the technical aspect, how and why did this work? It was not the case of “trendy student writes stuff on a typewriter to be cool and funky” (because 10 year olds don’t think that way) and all that, it was a case of fascination with the technology…’ CLICK HERE TO READ THE FULL ARTICLE
We were all over the radio at the weekend with a live session for The Late Show with Joanne Good on BBC London featuring 4 live tracks and also an Introducing slot on the Steve Lamacq show on BBC Radio 2 featuring an interview and a play of our new single ‘Don’t Make A Fool Out Of Me’.
You can listen again to both shows via the following links:
The Late Show with Joanne Good on BBC London (inc some studio photos)
Steve Lamacq show on BBC Radio 2 (interview starts 39mins in)
Happy listening x
Tune in this Sunday Evening (16th October) if you’re in London or have DAB to hear us on Sunday Sessions courtesy of The Late Show with Joanne Good on BBC London.
There will be 4 live tracks and an interview and it’ll be filmed for their website too, we’re on at approx. 10.10pm
‘Don’t Make A Fool Out Of Me’ is going to be our next single featuring Lewis on lead vocals. The single has been shortlisted against two others on the BBC 6 Music radio station ‘Rebel Playlist’. Vote for us and in return you will get to hear the single get a play on each daytime show on the station next week. Voting closes at 23:59 this Sunday so please go go go!
Single out 24th October 2011 on Sunday Best Recordings, taken from the album ‘Smoking in Heaven’